Tuesday 17 September 2013

Interview: MCX Showcase Part 3 Ft Kadice





MusicConnex got the chance to talk with the vocal powerhouse that is Kadice ahead of her appearance at the September Manchester and London showcases. Her sound is quite frankly amazing and so electrifying. We wanted to get to know some more about the singer and her influences. 
 


CC: What your first memory of singing?
K: When I was about three. In front of the mirror in my grandma’s house, with the hair brush, singing (laughs). My Dad was a singer and he did shows and I would watch him on TV winning talent shows and things like that, performing at the Royal Albert Hall and so being so young and seeing that, as I grew up all I wanted to do was Music.
CC: Who are the some of your biggest influences music wise?
K: Whitney Houston, Anita Baker, Billie Holiday, Etta James. All of those amazing talents.
CC: How did you go about finding your own sound?
K: It was when I was recording my album. Because I was doing more 80’s, it brought me right back to the year I was born. I think my voice adapted to it in the end but I am able to sound like the person who I am singing, in talent shows and things like that. It’s a real gift to be able to have that voice manipulation and when it came to me singing my original stuff I don’t know; my voice just sounds really different.
CC: If you could collaborate with any other artist dead or alive, who would if be and why?
K: Whitney Houston. She was a big part of why I started singing. And I would say Angel because I just love his sound and we’ve both got tattoo’s on our face (laughs).
CC: Since the release of 'Road of Life' what have you been working on?
K: A lot of shows. I did ‘I Luv Live’ in Manchester a week and a half ago and I’m doing ‘I Luv Live’ Derby on the same day I am appearing with MusicConnex in Manchester so I will be running all over the place that night but I’m excited about it. I am doing one this week as well for my friends birthday. A lot of people have wanted me to appear live so it’s been a great opportunity. I am also appearing in a documentary on Channel 4, which will air in October. It’s about living on benefits and looking at the day-to-day journey of it.  

CC: Musically what’s the best piece of advice you have been given?
K: Keep at it.
CC: What advice would you give to aspiring singer/ songwriters? 

K: Follow your heart. A lot of singers when they are young get distracted by things in the outside world and won’t want to focus on the music. So my advice is to stay focused on your passion. Stay at it. 
CC: What was the last track you listened to?
K: Fantasia ‘Lose To Win’. The new album is amazing (Side Effects of You), I have actually worked with the man who produced her whole album, and I did a track with him. I think that album actually sets the bar.
CC: What’s your preference: Download, cd, tape or Vinyl? 
K: Download definitely! I have to take my music with me. If I don’t listen to music during the day I go mad (laughs).
CC: Describe your perfect day? 
K: Getting up going to the studio, blogging. Doing something constructive. I enjoyed filming for sure. But where my shows are so close together at the moment, I’m pretty much in constant rehearsals. So time to do that other stuff I enjoy and love as well. That would be perfect.

It was so great to talk to Kadice and we are very excited that she will be appearing with MusicConnex. We can’t wait for you all to hear her live!

See you at the showcase J







Article By: Claire Cripps

No comments:

Post a Comment